This adventure will leave you wanting more!
Minimum Age: 8 Year(s)
Are you looking to learn more about the Nomadic culture and traditions of Iran?
Then this 6-day tour is perfect as you will explore tourist destinations and historical sites, as well as have the opportunity to experience nomadic life in the desert.
Cities: Tehran, Shiraz, Yazd, and the desert
Activities and Places to visit:
A detailed itinerary is available outlining the exciting adventure you can embark on with the professional team from Gapa Tours.
DAY 1: ARRIVAL & VISITING TEHRAN
Upon your pre-dawn arrival at Tehran airport, be cordially received by a member of the team who transfer you to your hotel. Rest and relax before a morning tour of Tehran: a modern megalopolis full of unique museums with immense and unrivalled collections and artefacts dating from the earliest onset of history to the present era. The city tour depends on your time and what you want to visit; but we will plan to visit the below itinerary if time allows:
• The Archaeological Museum
• Then, experience the distinctive flavour of Iranian cuisine.
• Visit a world of jewels in the priceless Crown Jewels Museum, which is home to one of the two greatest diamonds, Darya-e-Noor (sea of light).
• Visit Sa’ad Abad (Golestan Complex), with an immense area of 1,100,000 square meters and 18 magnificent historical palaces (2 of which we will visit). This palace was built by Pahlavi dynasty and it will undoubtedly leave a lasting impression. End the excursion at the Ceramic Museum and witness its construction with glorious ancient archaeology.
• Then observe a variety of Persian hand-woven carpets & rugs in the Carpet Museum, which houses more than 100 spectacular pieces from all over Iran.
• Stay overnight in Tehran.
DAY 2-3: FLY TO SHIRAZ, CITY TOUR, & NOMAD LIFE
After breakfast, transfer to the domestic airport and fly to Shiraz. Transfer to your hotel and rest before starting your half-day-city tour of one of the world’s most historical cities. We will try to visit all the places below depending on the date, time available, and your interest:
• Shiraz was the centre of the Persian culture for over 2,000 years, and was once the country’s capital.
• Be inspired by the glorious Karim Khan palace, the splendid Vakil mosque, Vakil Bazaar and Saray-e-moshir with its splendid architecture and interesting ethnic souvenir shops, Nasir Almolk mosque.
• Next, stop for a mouth-watering Iranian lunch at one of the traditional restaurants
• Then, pay homage to tombs of two great poets: Hafez and Sa’adi.
• In the evening, visit the beautiful Ali-Ebn-e-Hamzeh and take a stroll through the tall cedars in the Jahan Nama Garden.
• Finally, visit Delgosha Garden and Khajoy-e-Kermani tomb
• Hafez tomb/Saadi tomb/Zand king palace and complex
DAY 3: NOMAD LIFE (One lunch + One dinner)
Early morning, leave your hotel and transfer on a 2-hour drive to Qashqai; meet very friendly Nomadic people and stay with them for one night. Experience their way of traditional life: cooking meal and baking bread; pastoral; wild life; and milking. Make sure to listen to their stories at night around the fire.
DAY 4: PERSEPOLIS & DRIVE TO YAZD
• Persepolis, the 518 B.C. capital of the Achaemenid Empire, is today a unique archaeological site of monumental ruins. Next, visit the Necropolis, ten minutes north, the magnificent burial place of Achaemenid kings.
• Persepolis/Cyrus tomb/Naghshe Rostaam -- Then leave Shiraz and drive to Yazd (5 hours) and stay in Zeinoddin Kervanseray (also known as a Caravanserai).
• Zeinoddin, a Safavid Caravanserai in the desert, was restored and received awards from UNESCO in 2005 and 2006.
• Mehriz, 30 kilometers south of Yazd, is one central district and five village centers.
• In Mehriz, Saryazd is most important and has (1) a Sassanid-era castle, (2) a caravanserai, and (3) one of the best pomegranates of Iran.
• After that, transfer to Yazd, the oldest adobe city in the world, which is surrounded by the Shirkooh’s 4000m summit and two majestic deserts: Dasht-e-Kavir and Kavir-e-Loot.
• Night: visit Jame Mosque, Tekiye Amir chakhmagh
• Overnight stay in Kervanseray
DAY 5: DESERT
Leave Yazd and drive to Desert Maranjab / Mesr. Enjoy tours and activities such as:
• Camel riding, safari, star gazing, traditional accommodation, and live music
DAY 6: DEPART
• Transfer to IKA
• On the way, visit Qom (if possible) before departing