This adventure will leave you wanting more!
Minimum Age: 12 Year(s)
If you’re looking for an adrenaline-charged way to explore Iran, then this trip is for you! Hit the slopes, mountain climb, or cable car in the winter, while play tennis and hike in the non-winter periods. Ride a camel and drive through the desert after an eye-opening experience with Nomads, who show you how they live their lives away from the modern world.
This 7-day trip allows you to explore the best of Iran:
For those who enjoy city tours, you’ll also get to enjoy the historic and world-renowned artifacts at the famous museums and visit the landmarks in the main cities Tehran, Shiraz, and Yazd.
A detailed itinerary is available outlining the exciting adventure you can embark on with the professional team from Gapa Tours who provide experienced English-speaking guides.
DAY 1: ARRIVAL | TEHRAN CITY TOUR | MOUNTAIN OR SKI
• Arrive in Tehran
• City tour begins with a trip to the Archaeological Museum
• Visit a world of jewels in the priceless Crown Jewels Museum, which is home to one of the two greatest diamonds, Darya-e-Noor (sea of light).
• Observe a variety of Persian hand-woven carpets & rugs in the Carpet Museum, which houses more than 100 spectacular pieces from all over Iran.
• Visit Sa'ad Abad (Golestan Complex) and end at the Ceramic Museum where you will be able to witness its construction with great ancient archaeology.
• Stay overnight in Tehran
DAY 2: TOCHAL MOUNTAIN ACTIVITIES
As per the season, choose mountain climbing and cable car or hit the slopes at Tehran Ski Run.
• Cable car and climb the Tochal Mountain, which marks the meridional boundary of the Alborz Mountains at Tehran's longitude.
• The summit of Mt. Tochal, known as Sar Tochal, is a high point along the length of a 12 km long ridgeline that is entirely above 3500 m.
• The Dizin ski run complex is the first ski and winter sports resort in Iran which has been officially recognized and granted the title by the International Ski Federation for its capability in administrating official and international competitions.
• In the off season, Dizin compound has other activities for the non-winter periods including facilities such as tennis courts, mountain climbing, mountain biking, etc.
DAY 3: SHIRAZ CITY TOUR
• Half-day city tour: Shiraz was the centre of the Persian culture for over 2,000 years, and was once the country’s capital.
• Vakil mosque, Vakil Bazaar, and Saray-e-mother (with its beautiful architecture and fascinating ethnic souvenir shops), and Nasir Almolk mosque.
• Next, stop for a mouth-watering Iranian lunch
• In the evening, visit Ali-Ebn-e-Hamzeh
• Finally, visit the Delgosha Garden and Khajoy-e-Kermani tomb
DAY 4: NOMAD LIFE
Early morning, leave your hotel and transfer on a 2-hour drive to Qashqai; meet very friendly Nomadic people and stay with them for one night. Experience their way of traditional life: cooking meal and baking bread; pastoral; wild life; and milking. Make sure to listen to their stories at night around the fire.
• (One lunch + One dinner)
DAY 5: PERSEPOLIS & NECROPOLIS | DRIVE TO YAZD & KERVANSERAY
• Persepolis, the 518 B.C. capital of the Achaemenid Empire, is today a unique archaeological site of monumental ruins. Next, visit the Necropolis, ten minutes north, the magnificent burial place of Achaemenid kings.
• Then leave Shiraz and drive to Yazd (5 hours) and stay in Zeinoddin Kervanseray (also known as a Caravanserai).
• Mehriz, 30 kilometers south of Yazd, is one central district and five village centers. In Mehriz, Saryazd is most important and has (1) a Sassanid-era castle, (2) a caravanserai, and (3) one of the best pomegranates of Iran.
• Night: visit Jame Mosque, Tekiye Amir chakhmagh
• Overnight stay in Kervanseray
• (One dinner)
DAY 6: DESERT
Leave Yazd and drive to Desert Maranjab / Mesr. Enjoy tours and activities such as:
• Camel riding, safari, star gazing, traditional accommodation, and live music
• (One lunch + One dinner)
DAY 7: TRANSFER TO IKA | DEPART IRAN
• Transfer to IKA
• On the way, visit Qom (if possible) before departing