This adventure will leave you wanting more!
Minimum Age: 20 Year(s)
With a summit at 5610.27 meters, Damavand is the highest mountain peak in Iran and the entire Middle East, and is located almost in the center of Alborz mountain range.
Conquer the Middle East’s tallest peak on this 5-day trek with the professional team from Gasht Tours. Make sure to bring your own sleeping bag and ice pick!
More about the Mountain:
Damavand peak is situated in the Larijan district, southwest of Amol and 69 kilometers northeast of Tehran. The area has a lake named Lar, which is suitable for fishing, and many mineral-water springs! When the sky is clear and sunny, Damavand can be seen from Tehran and other cities such as Amol, Sari, Qom, & Kashan.
Damavand’s 5-Day Trip follows the below itinerary:
Day 1: Climb to Demavend | Base Camp 1
• After landing, meet at starting point of Demavend
• Climb to Base Camp1 (3,200 m) (FB)
Day 2: Base Camp 1 to Base Camp 2
• Walk to Base Camp 2 (4,200m) from Base Camp 1 (3.200 m)
Day 3: Base Camp 2 to Base Camp 3
• Walk to Base Camp 3 (4,600 m) (FB) from Base Camp 2 (4,200 m)
• Walk to 5000
• Acclimatization there and return back to 4200 meters in Shelter
Day 4: Base Camp 3 to Summit to Base Camp 2
• Walk to the summit and back to Base Camp 2
• Base Camp 3 (4,600 m) to Summit (5,600 m) to Base Camp 2 (FB) (4,200 m)
Day 5: Base Camp 2 to Teheran
• From Base Camp 2 (4,200 m), descend down the mountain
• End of trekking
• Head back to Teheran