This adventure will leave you wanting more!
Minimum Age: 20 Year(s)
Kang Yatse is the second most popular summit to conquer in India. In this 11-day trip, trek to Kang Yatse without requiring any mountaineering skills – this is a great chance to conquer a 6200-meter summit!
Overlooking the Markha Valley, the summit of Kang Yatse’s magnificent stature stands distinctly apart from the surrounding mountains, few of which are also over 6000 meters tall. Come along and for this trekking challenge with experienced guides from Rocky Feet, and find yourself standing at the top of Kang Yatse - feel the Himalayan high!
This Markha Valley trek is one of the most popular treks in the entire Ladakh region. One can see the Saser Massif, Stok Kangri, as well as the Karakoram Range peak along this trek. Also, explore the traditional culture and Buddhism native to the region by visiting isolated monasteries. The area is also rich in wildlife featuring the elegant snow leopard, cute Marmot, fluffy Blue sheep, strong Ibex, and so much more.
Enrolled participants need to submit a duly-filled medical report of basic wellness authorized by a certified physician.
Day 1: Arrival Day
• Arrival at Leh
• After lunch, visit Leh Palace & Shanti stupa
• In the evening, receive a briefing of the itinerary
• Stay at Leh
Day 2: Acclimatization Day
• Visit Hemis, Shey & Thiksey: 3 monasteries practicing the old culture of Ladakhi Buddhism
• Stay overnight at Leh
Day 3: Trekking Day
• Early morning drive from Leh to Chiling (55 km)
• 3-4 hour trek from Chilling (3200m) to Skiu (3400m)
Day 4: Trekking Day
• 5-6 hour trek from Skiu to Markha
• Camp at Markah 3700m
Day 5: Trekking Day
• 5-6 hour trek from Markha to Thochungtse
• Stay at the campsite (4200m)
Day 6: Trekking Day
• 6-7 hour trek from Thochungtse to Mt. Kang Yatse Base Camp (6240m)
• Stay at BC campsite (4720m)
Day 7: Orientation Day
• Orientation and acclimatization day
• Prepare for the summit tomorrow
Day 8: Trekking Day
• 7-8 hours trek from Base Camp ( 5000m ) to Summit ( 6200m) and back to Base Camp ( 5000m)
• Go down to Nimaling Valley
Day 9: Trekking Day
• Reserve day for the summit
Day 10: Trekking Day
• 7-8 hour trek from Nimaling to Shang Shumdo (3730 m)
• Via Kongmaru La (5130 m) and Chuskirmo( 4140 m)
• Drive down to Leh
Day 11: Departure Day
• Drop off at the airport / hotel / bus stand
• Say good bye to Leh