This adventure will leave you wanting more!
Minimum Age: 6 Year(s)
The Goechala Pass trek through the Himalayan Mountains is one of the most popular and romantic treks in India. Located in Sikkim, this trail explores one of the most natural forests in the Himalayas, and sits in the lap of the Kangchenjunga Mountain: the 3rd highest mountain in the world and Sikkim’s sacred mountain. From the Indian side, the Goechala Pass is the closest point from where to view the magnificent Kangchenjunga Mounntain.
Trekking in Sikkim has its unconquerable charm with lush verdant valleys, lovely orchards, a large variety of flora and fauna, and dense forests that never fails to allure visitors from around the world.
Note: This trek is graded as active as it's an 8-day long walk through the up-and-downhill of the Himalayan terrain of solitude.
Individuals with any type of breathing trouble (asthma, etc) and cardiac problems are not advised to come for this trip. It is a difficult trek and individuals should be in good shape.
Day 1: Arrival
• Reach Yuksom from Siliguri / Bagdogra / NJP by car around evening
Day 2: Begin the Trek – 8 km
• Begin the trek
• 3-4 hour trek from Yuksom (1706m) to Sachen (2179m)
Day 3: Trekking Day – 7 km
• 3-4 hour trek from Sachen (2179m) to Tshoka (2956m)
• Tsoka is the last village on this route
Day 4: Trekking Day – 10 km
• 5-6 hour trek from Tshoka (2956m) to Dzongri (3960m)
Day 5: Trekking Day – 8 km
• 4-5 hour trek from Dzongri Top (4170m)’s sunrise view back to Dzongri, and then to Kokchurong (3660m)
Day 6: Trekking Day – 6 km
• 4.5 - 5 hr trek from Kokchurong (3660m) to Lamuney (4150m) via Thansing (3890m)
Day 7: Trekking Day – 16 km
• 7-8 hour trek from Lamuney (4150m) to Goechala (4950m) to Lamuney (4150m)
Day 8: Trekking Day – 18 km
• 7-8 hour trek from Lamuney (4150m) to Tshokha (2956m)
Day 9: Trekking Day – 15 km
• 5-6 hour trek from Tshoka (2956m) to Yuksom (1706m)
Day 10: Departure
• Early morning start from Yuksom
• Say good bye to Kangchenjunga National Park