This adventure will leave you wanting more!
Minimum Age: 20 Year(s)
Nestled in the Himalayas, Stok Kangri is the highest mountain in the Stok Range and a spectacular summit for trekkers to conquer. In Ladakh, India, trekking to the summit of Stok Kangri offers an excellent opportunity to scale a 6153-meter summit, which requires no mountaineering techniques at all. If you are an explorer and an adventurer at heart, this 9-day trek is an absolutely must to have in your trekking diaries.
Trekking up Stok Kangri is not an easy trek but, at the same time, it's not difficult. The only thing to overcome is the super-high-trekking altitude and the cold. RockyFeet’s itinerary is designed for better acclimatization in order to achieve success (reach the summit!). The guides are professional trekkers and extremely knowledgeable of mountaineering.
Come along and add this jewel to your list of trekking accomplishments!
Enrolled participants need to submit a duly filled medical report of basic wellness authorized by a certified physician.
Day 1: Arrival Day
• Arrival at Leh
• After lunch, visit Leh Palace & Shanti stupa
• In the evening, receive a briefing of the itinerary
• Stay at Leh
Day 2: Acclimatization Day
• Visit Hemis, Shey & Thiksey: 3 monasteries practicing the old culture of Ladakhi Buddhism
• Stay overnight at Leh
Day 3: Trekking Day
• Early morning drive from Leh to Zingchen (around 25 km)
• 5-6 hour trek from Zingchen to Rumbak
• The Campsite (4050 m)
Day 4: Trekking Day
• 5-6 hour trek from Rumbak to Mankorma, via Stok La (4900 m)
• Camp at Mankorma (4400 m)
Day 5: Trekking Day
• 2-hour trek from Monkormo to Stok Kangri Base Camp (3 km)
• Stay at BC campsite (5050 m)
Day 6: Orientation Day
• Training & Orientation day
• Learn how to use the equipment and safety briefing
Day 7: Summit Day
• March to the summit
• Start at midnight to reach before sunrise
• 11-13 hours / 14 km trek
Day 8: Trekking Day
• Trek from Base Camp (5050 m) to Stok Village (3650 m)
• Then, Stok Village (3650 m) to Leh (3500 m)
• 5-6 hours total / 11 km trek
Day 9: Departure Day
• Drop off at the airport / hotel / bus stand
• Say good bye to Leh