3-day / 2-night sea kayaking trip along the coast of Oman!
Date: 14th - 16th December 2017
Eager to explore the inaccessible parts of Oman’s coast? Then embark on this 3-day kayaking trip and find yourself discovering quiet beaches and beautiful marine life.
If you’re looking for a trip to relax, chill, and enjoy the cool sea breeze, then this is the trip for you! Most of the time will be spent relaxing on the beach, swimming, and snorkeling.
The reef along the Omani coast has a stunning variety and abundance of marine life that makes this a world-class location.
Where: Magical fjords of the Eastern Hajar and Mermaid Cove
Difficulty Level: EASY!
Water Temperature: Warm during the winter season (sun is hot during the day making it perfect for a beach day!)
Danger Level: LOW! – But, remember you are out in open sea and dependent on weather conditions.
Fun Fact: During certain seasons, at night the water lights up by the florescent plankton turning the ocean into a Disney-world-type-of experience!
Husaak’s experienced team will look after your every need making this an adventure you’ll never forget!
Kayaks, seats, paddles
Camp and tent equipment
Waterproof bags for your essentials
Food, drinks, and snacks for the entire trip
Transport from Meeting Point in Muscat to the activity site
What's Not Included
Swimming gear and towel
Personal clothing and gear
Sunblock, hat, and sunglasses
Snorkelling mask, snorkel, and fins
Alcoholic beverages (not allowed)
See itinerary for a more detailed list of required items
Medical Restrictions & Other Requirements
12+ year olds are allowed only with a parent or guardian - otherwise, if alone, the minimum age is 18 years old.
Al Izdihar St, Muscat, Oman
USD 655 for
Day 1 - Thursday: Muscat
- 3 pm: Meet at the Husaak Center in Muscat (click on “Location”)
- Lunch: not provided – grab your own before meeting the team
- Team will drive you to the campsite
- Dinner: Beef burgers
- Meal will be prepared at the camp site – participants will help cook and clean up
- Sleeping options are in your own sleeping either (1) outside on a cot or (2) inside a double-occupancy tent
- Overnight: Muscat camp site
Day 2 - Friday: Muscat – Mermaid Cove + Night Kayaking
- Breakfast: assorted cold and hot items
- Team will pack up and head to the launch point
- Dress conservatively for this portion because you pass through a conservative village. Once in your kayak, you can wear swimming attire
- At the launch point, receive your kayak and off you go!
- Depending on the weather, you will kayak first in the calm waters of the bay before heading to Mermaid Cove
- Kayaking Time: 3 hours (regardless of fitness and skill level)
- It’s not a race – enjoy yourself and admire the marine life along the way!
- Campsite: Mermaid Cove – you will have lots of time to snorkel, swim, and hike around sun-set time.
- Lunch: Sandwiches
- Dinner: Steaks
- Night Trip: After dinner, head out for a magical night kayaking trip! This is an extremely memorable experience – so don’t wear yourself out during the day!
- Overnight: Mermaid Cove
Day 3 – Saturday: Mermaid Cove - Muscat
- Breakfast: cold breakfast
- Pack up and head back to Muscat
- 2 pm: arrive back at Husaak Center in Muscat
Note: you will have access to the Husaak Center in Muscat, both before and after the trip, to wash up in the shower, access your extra baggage, and use WIFI.
Required Equipment You Need to Bring:
- Wet shoes (to wear when on the kayak)
- Hiking shoes (for the optional hike)
- Waterproof backpack (for your clothes and gear)
- Sleeping bag
- Slippers to walk around the camp
- Pajamas to sleep in at night: fleece / down jacket / warm pants
- Mosquito repellent
- Hat (very important!), sunglasses, sunblock, swimming clothes, small towel, light jacket (it might get cool at night)
- Snorkelling gear (goggle, snorkel, and fins)
- Wetsuit or rash guard (if you get cold easily)
- Waterproof camera – ensure it is fully charged and bring an extra battery
- Phone – this is optional because there is no signal available at the destinations. If you take photos with your phone, then make sure it is fully charged and you have a back-up battery source.