Tourist attractions in Oman vary around the seasons. You can observe the diversity when you visit Oman, starting from the beautiful wadis, passing through the rugged mountains and viewing the vast sands. With this tourist excursion, we will discover many natural attractions in Oman, starting from Muscat toward Wadi Bani Khalid’s deep blue waters where the shade of the palm trees is inviting for a relaxing siesta. Catch a glimpse of the beautiful villages scattered all over Wadi Bani Khalid as they cling precariously to the slopes of the mountainside.
We will proceed then to the Wahiba Sands, the vast sand of Oman where you see the traditional homes and choose a camp to spend the night in the Omani desert. After a night camping in the Wahiba Sands, we will proceed our excursion in Oman to Qalhat where Bibi Maryam is located – an area rich in history and heritage sites. From Qalhat we will go on towards Wadi Tiwi, exploring the spectacularly deep and narrow gorge carved out of the mountains. Finally, we will conclude our tour in Oman passing through the village of Quriyat returning to Muscat.
Lunch in a local restaurant and dinner on day one; breakfast and picnic lunch on day
Day two 4WD vehicle during the trip with an English speaking guide/driver
Water and juices on board during the road trip and the overnight stay in the camp
2 Al Nessnass St - Dubai - United Arab Emirates
See on Map
USD 739 for
DAY 1: MUSCAT, WADI BANI KHALID, AND SUR BY 4WD
* Breakfast in the hotel starts at 7:00 AM
* 08:00 AM - Pick up time from the hotel and check out.
* Drive to Wadi Bani Khalid. Then take a tour with your guides and enjoy the fantastic view. Lunch is at a local restaurant. After lunch, we drive to the Wahiba Sands. The Wahiba Sands is the traditional home of the nomads and the Bedouins, so it is common to see them moving through the desert with their camels. In the middle of the desert, we will stop to visit a Bedouin home. After this, we drive to and check into to camp. Choose a camp to spend your night in the desert, a remarkable experience that starts with a golden sunset, continues with a densely-starred sky and concludes with the soft light of a desert dawn.
* Overnight in the camp
DAY 2: SUR AND COASTAL ROAD TO MUSCAT BY 4WD
* Breakfast in the camp starts at 7:00 AM. Check out.
* 08:30 AM: pick-up time for the tour.
* Start your journey back to Muscat passing Sur and visit the fishing harbor where you can witness the fishermen in action. Proceed on to the Dhow building yard. Dhows are traditional Omani wooden fishing boats that are even today built by hand. Continue via Qalhat where Bibi Miriam's tomb (photo stop from the main highway) is located. Proceed to Wadi Tiwi
- Another spectacularly deep and narrow gorge carved out of the mountains, running between towering cliffs right down to the sea. After visiting the Wadi, we continue to the white beaches of Finns where a picnic lunch will be served. Also, see the Bimah Sinkhole, a natural hole in the ground created by a collapsing mountain. The hole is filled with blue-green sea water. Finally, we will pass through the village of Quriyat and return to Muscat.
Unnamed Road, Bidiyah, Oman
Starting from USD 739
Old Muscat Tourism
P.O box983, PC 111
We called ourselves Old Muscat Tourism, as we want to be associated with the kind of tourism that put Muscat right at the center of the tourism map, rich both in cultural diversity and natural wonders. If you feel adventurous enough to brave the deserts and wadis, you can always lean on us to help you craft your holiday itinerary. We guarantee that we can be your reliable local partner, whatever your definition of a perfect trip to Oman will be.