- You get to visit Muscat’s best landmarks in half a day!
- You’ll gain a true insight into Muscat’s impressive heritage and culture
Duration: 4 Hour(s)
Minimum Age: 1 Year(s)
Price: USD 39 for
What you will do...
A visit to Muscat is not complete without visiting its treasured landmarks. Our half-day city tour begins with a drive to the stunning Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque opened in 2001 – you’ll be amazed by its elegant architecture and magnificent interior decor. Next stop will take you to the old quarter of Muscat located on the sea side: Muttrah. Weave through the winding alleys of the Muttrah Souk (market), and try your hand at bargaining for a wide range of items such as frankincense, silver, gold, local clothes, pashmina shawls, copper lamps, and more!
After the Souq, you will head to the old town of Muscat to visit the Bait Al Zubair museum, which houses a private collection of traditional Omani items. Finally, enjoy great photo opportunities outside the Sultan’s Palace and the two forts that guard it: Jalali and Mirani. This tour will give you a true insight into Muscat’s impressive heritage and culture.
Local expert guide
Pick-up and drop-off service to hotels in Muscat
Medical Restrictions & Other Requirements
Visits to the mosque require conservative clothing to be observed. Bring along something conservative and leave it in the car when at the other destinations.
Pick-up service from hotel
USD 39 for
Booking requires a minimum of 4 people. If you are solo, then you can opt to pay for the car yourself at $156.
This tour will give you a true insight into Muscat’s impressive heritage and culture!
- Enjoy a pick-up service at your hotel in Muscat
- First stop is the Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque. Please wear (or bring along in the car) conservative clothing to wear during this visit.
- After the mosque, visit Muttrah: the old quarter of Muscat located on the sea side.
- Enjoy exploring the Muttrah Souk (market)
- Then head to the Bait Al Zubair museum in the old town of Muscat
- Lastly, head to take photos outside the Sultan’s Palace and the two forts that guard it: Jalali and Mirani.
- Be dropped back at your hotel with memories to last a life time!