- You get to explore the famous Nizwa and Jabreen forts!
Duration: 8 Hour(s)
Minimum Age: 1 Year(s)
Price: USD 78 for
What you will do...
Enjoy a drive through the Hajar mountains to a town that was once its capital, Nizwa. This town is home to the impressive 17th century fort and lively souk (market), which is famous for its Bedouin silver. The fort is in great condition and boasts antique canons and siege-warfare traps (such as false steps and pouring hot oil on enemy soldiers).
Continue on to Tanuf to see the ruins of the village that was bombed with the help of the British to help unify the Sultanate at the time of the tribal wars. From here we drive to Bahla for a photo-stop at the UNESCO World Heritage Site Fort, which is currently under renovation. Last, but certainly not least, we will visit Jabreen Castle. This is considered by many to be the most beautiful castle in Oman and is known for its painted ceiling decorations.
Local expert guide (English speaking)
Pick-up and drop-off service to hotels in Muscat
Pick-up service from hotel
USD 78 for
Booking requires a minimum of 4 people. If you are solo, then you can opt to pay for the car yourself at $312.
This full-day tour will take you to explore the most stunning fort and castle in Oman.
- Enjoy a pick-up service at your hotel in Muscat
- First stop is at the Nizwa fort
- After exploring the fort, admire the Bedouin silver at the souq (market) next door
- Jump back into the vehicle and head to Tanuf to see the ruins of the village that was bombed during a period of war in the Sultanate
- Next, stop at the UNESCO World Heritage Site Forts in Bahla for a photo opportunity – note that this site is currently under renovations
- Last destination will be Jabreen Castle – this is considered the most beautiful castle in all of Oman